sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Had a tune up two days ago, went to start my car this am, will

Customer Question

Had a tune up two days ago, went to start my car this am, will crank but won't start. It's a xg350l 2004, seems like no gas is going to engine (smell gas) won't turn over
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else I can tell the Hyundai Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are many things that can cause a no start condition. It's definitely possible that you're missing fuel due to a pump failure or loss of power or ground to it, but you may also be missing spark due to a number of reasons including the cam and crank sensor, wiring, or incorrect cam timing.The first thing you'll want to do is note whether the fuel pump runs when the key is first turned on, and if it does then the next step will be to check for fault codes. Have either of these been done?