Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

It is a 2009 accent. The car shut down in a turning lane.

Customer Question
It is a 2009 accent...
It is a 2009 accent. The car shut down in a turning lane. There was gas in the tank, and it is not the battery. We determined that no fuel is getting through the pump. Is there a reset button?
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: No, but the lights come on.
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue.
Customer: are you talking to the mechanic right now?
JA: No. I'm the Hyundai Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: How do I talk with the mechanic?
JA: How old is the battery?
Customer: 2 years
JA: Anything else I can tell the Hyundai Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
4/8/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: internal88, Hyundai Mechanic replied 1 year ago
internal88
internal88, Hyundai Mechanic
Hello, I'm Brandon.There is no reset button. It is the problem of the fuel pump. The fuel pump gave up. You will need to replace the whole assembly.The part cost about $160-180. It takes about 1 hour to replace. The pump is under the rear seat. Not a difficult job.Please rate me positive, thank you.
http://www.amazon.com/TOPSCOPE-FP8730M-Assembly-HYUNDAI-1-6L-L4/dp/B01AJFOLI2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1460128562&sr=8-5&keywords=2009+hyundai+accent+fuel+pump
internal88
internal88
internal88, Hyundai Mechanic