George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Hyundai Sante Fe: George. I have a 2005 Santa Fe & the fuel

Customer Question

Hi George. I have a 2005 Santa Fe & the fuel tank is leaking. Im looking to get the proper procedure to remove the tank from the vechile.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist I will post the procedures for you as well as a picture Roy REMOVAL To reduce the internal pressure of the fuel main pipes and hose, first start the engine and then disconnect the electrical fuel pump connector in the rear seat side.CAUTION : Be sure to reduce the fuel pressure before disconnecting the fuel main pipe and hose otherwise fuel will spill out. Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal of the battery.Remove the fuel tank cap.Remove the drain plug and drain the fuel.Disconnect the return hose and vapor hose.Disconnect the fuel sender connector.Disconnect the high pressure hose from the fuel tank. Loosen the two self-locking nuts, that hold tank in the position and remove the two tank bands. Detach the fuel filler hose and leveling hose.Remove the fuel vapor hose and the fuel tank.INSPECTION Check the hoses and the pipes for cracks or damage.Check the fuel tank cap for proper operation.Check the fuel tank for deformation, corrosion or cracking.Check the fuel tank inside for dirt or contamination.Check the in-tank fuel filter for damage or restriction.Test the two-way valve for proper operation. Using a vacuum hand pump, check the operation of the two-way valve.