Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Its burning rich and the exhaust pipe is black JA: The mechanics

Customer Question
Its burning rich and...
Its burning rich and the exhaust pipe is black
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes that is what worried me
JA: Anything else I can tell the Hyundai Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Thats all
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/1/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: internal88, Hyundai Mechanic replied 1 year ago
internal88
internal88, Hyundai Mechanic
Hello, I'm Brandon.If the air / fuel ratio is rich it will cause the exhaust black.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do u know about that and to fix it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I ask I need solutions and how to diagnose the problem there I'd no engine light showing its a hyndai Tucson 2lt 2005 model
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
May I have a more detailed which van be understood by a layman.stage by stage to trouble shooting the problem and finally have a solution to it it also have a choking smell when you smell it on the pipe
Your vehicle is run by the computer the air and fuel ratio should be close to perfect. There is no way and should not make any changes to the preprogrammed computer. The only thing you can do is to make sure the air filter is clean and new. You could also buy a bottle of techron to help clean the fuel injector and the inside chamber.If the check engine is not ON that means the engine and emission is still normal. The smell comes from the 10% ethanol the engine is burning. It is OK and normal.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If the air cleaner is clean what can I blame and how to fix the problem this which you are telling me I already know about it can I have a solutions
Change out all the spark plugs. Must use NGK brand.
Buy a bottle of seafoam for car and clean out the internal chamber. This chemical should solve your problem.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am using NGK with resistance now and this seafoam which you are saying can I get it here in Botswana Africa
Any auto part store should have it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This internal chamber what do you mean how does it work do you put in the fuel or what
You suppose to use it in the intake tube. There is instruction on the can.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here the common one is injector cleaner is it the same product I will try it on plugs which one is recommended single pin or two or maybe four
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the fuel consumption of this car per 1liter of petrol how many kms should I do
What do you mean single pin? What model do you have ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On the plugs I mean where spark comes out we have types of plugs which have a
Single pin two and four in front of the plug
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2005 hyndai Tucson 2lit
you need NGK bkr5eix-11single prone spark plug
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok let me try what you have said and I come back to you
Please rate me positive, thank you!
22 gallon local , 27 gallon highway
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How many liters is a gallon
3.78 liters is 1 gallon.
internal88
internal88
internal88, Hyundai Mechanic