George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

MY SANTA FE WILL NOT START. i DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY FROM

Customer Question

MY SANTA FE WILL NOT START. i DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY FROM THE SYSTEM. iT APPEARS TO HAVE ~12 V FOR THE BATTERY. i HAVE CHECKED THE FUSES IN THE FUSE / RELAY BOX. N hAVE NOT CHECKED THE SIDE PANELS FOR BLOWN FUSES THERE. ONE SEEM TO HAVE HAD A PROBLEM.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: THE FIRST CLUE, IT DIDN'T START. COULD IT BE A BAD RELAY IN THE FUSE BOX?
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: ITS A 2008 CAR, DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE AGE, SINCE I JUST GOT THE CAR FROM A RELATIVE. tHE BATTERY WHEN CHECK WAS FREE FROM ANY CONNECTION, YIELDED ~12 V, SUGESSTING A GOOD VOLTAGE LEVEL.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Hyundai Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: NOT AT THIS POINT
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is the engine cranking over with the starter at all or is it not turning over with the starter?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.