Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

My 2013 Sonata radio isn't turning on at all. Please help.

Customer Question
JA: Tell me a bit...
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: About 2 days ago, I had my Iphone plugged into the USB in my car. The stereo started making a buzzing sound and then shut off. The radio/stereo has not worked since.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not if it's covered under the warranty.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: Should I just take it to my local dealership? We moved recently, so I have not been there before. I don't want to get charged. Is there an easy fix I can do myself?
JA: Our top Hyundai Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Hyundai Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Hyundai Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
3/25/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Hyundai Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Hyundai Mechanic

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.

This sounds like it is "Internal", but you need to Test these Fuses for Voltage + on "both sides" with key ON
Fuses "MODE 1", "CLOCK", & ""AUDIO"
All THREE are located in the Inside Fuse Panel
Click Attachment below
IF the Fuses are good, then use of Dealer Scan Tool will be needed to Test the Radio Circuit
apprx 1 hour labor

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.

hello?

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Hyundai Mechanic