Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What causes all three ABS, AWD, TCS warning lights to come…

Customer Question
What causes all three...

What causes all three ABS, AWD, TCS warning lights to come on at once and remain on?

Mechanic's Assistant: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

These three lights come on and remain on while driving. At times there is a loud grounding sound when they first come on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Speed sensor but according to all the info I'm reading online this would not cause all of these warning lights to come on at the same time. That the speed sensor is only for the ABS light

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?

The grinding noise sounds like medal rubbing together. I had new brakes put on

Mechanic's Assistant: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Hyundai Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Our top Hyundai Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Hyundai Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Hyundai Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
3/18/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 2 years ago
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi .

Okay if a ABS wheel speed sensor failed then yes all these light will come on , as the three lights work from the wheel sensors .

The AWD works with the four wheel speed sensors when it sees one slower than the others this is telling the AWD to kick in ,

also the Traction control needs all four wheel speeds to kick in traction control .

The three system think one wheel is nor rotating and when it sees this it will cancels all three system and all become inactive. Otherwise the wheels will most likely lock up and cause a big drivebility issue.

All you need to do is hook up a ABS diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes, this will let you know which sensor or part has malfunctioned ...

Please get back to me if needed for further assistance

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better.
It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...
Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for your answer is GREATLY appreciated and is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...