Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.7 2wd, Manual 5speed. ESC OFF and

Customer Question

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.7 2wd, Manual 5speed.
ESC OFF and cruise control on, but brake lamps work. I replaced the brake switch already with a OE, but p0504 and p0571 faults come up for brake correlation/stop light switch
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, lets see if we can figure this out. Firstly, check the ESC 10A fuse in the under hood fuse box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fuse is ok. Already checked and just rechecked.

Ok assuming you checked the stop lamp fuse in the car, but how about the back up lamp fuse under the hood?

If the fuses are ok, double check the connector is tight and the pins are ok at the brake switch, and that the switch is adjusted properly (plunger about 1/8" out at rest) If everything looks good and you are able, check for voltage at pins 1 & 3 of the brake switch connector with the ignition on. You should have battery voltage at those two pins. If you do not, you either have a short in the power circuit of the brake switch, or you are dealing with a bad PCM.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Back up fuse good. Tail bulbs good on both circuit and reverse bulb is good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have voltage at pin 1 and 2. But not 21 and 23.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant 1 & 3

Check resistance between Pin 23 of the PCM connector and Pin 2 of the brake switch connector.