Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I replaced the termostat and the radiator fan sensor in my

Customer Question
I replaced the termostat...
I replaced the termostat and the radiator fan sensor in my Hyundai elan tira 2004 . Now when i start the car both fans ac and radiator aré on.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: The car temperature gauge was higher than normal .when the ac was on both fans were running . When the ac was off the radiator fan did not came in line when the temperature was more than normal. This job was done by a mechanic. He is at lost as when This is happy happening.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Hyundai Mechanic should know about your Hyundai?
Customer: No
JA: Our top Hyundai Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Hyundai Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Hyundai Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
3/12/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 1 year ago
Andrew Martin

Hello, so your concern is that the radiator fan is not turning on when the car gets too hot, but it works when the air conditioning is turned on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When i start the car both fan came in even when the ac is off. This happened after the coolant sensor and the termostat were replaced. Befo re the car was running a little high in temperature and the radiator fan was not comino in lo
Line. Only when the ac was on This the fan runs.
Hyundai Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

OK, let me look up some things and determine what is happening.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hyundai elantra 2004 85 000 miles
Hyundai Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 1 year ago

Alright, after looking at the diagrams and considering what you told me it looks to me like the temperature sensor is bad and is commanding the fans on all of the time. Check the connector for corrosion and the wiring for damage, also try unplugging the sensor while the fans are on. If the fans go off, replace the coolant temp sensor. Another thing you may want to check is the radiator fan relay. Swap the relay with another one and see if anything changes.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.

Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin