Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 sonata and my keys are locked in the trunk.

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 sonata and my keys are locked in the trunk. What do I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Hyundai. The Hyundai Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

What more do you need to know

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Trying to. I had a locksmith come out and get me into the passenger area of the car, but I still have no access to the trunk and the car's security protocol is keeping the trunk release button from working.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?

Not that I am aware of

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
3/6/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Options are to have a dealer cut a new key from the vin# ***** you can open the trunk.

Remove the trunk lid relay under the drivers side of the dash and jump across the switch side pins 30-87 with a wire to power the lid motor.

Attempt to go in with a coat hanger between the parcel shelf and rear seat backs to get the seat back released.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris