Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 Elantra Heater blows, but only cool air, Fluids checked…

Customer Question
2005 Elantra Heater blows, but only...
2005 Elantra
Heater blows, but only cool air, Fluids checked and filled, even monitored with cap off (making sure it was full. temperature gauge moves to hot and drops to middle while driving.
Thermostat or water pump?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
3/4/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: George H., Hyundai Technician replied 2 years ago
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician

Hello I will help you with your question,

Do both radiator hoses get warm to hot when the engine warms up?

The thermostats do stick on these, you only want to use a Hyundai part for a replacement.

If both hoses are warm and you can feel water moving in the hose with the engine running and see it in the neck of the radiator then the water pump is working. If only one hose gets warm your radiator is clogged or the thermostat is stuck closed.

Be sure the cooling fans are running when the temperature shows hot.

Let me know what you are seeing so I can help

Thank you

Well took it for a spin. Both hoses are hot. Heater finally began to work. But when I stopped or slowed the air cooled off. The temp needle seemed to stay mid range.

If the thermostat is stuck open then that could do it. With the record of the thermostat in these I would replace it with a Hyundai part and see if the symptoms continue.

Let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you

If I go to autozone....I'm wanting oem parts correct.

Only Hyundai or online at a Hyundai dealer will you get the Hyundai part.

Do you need a link to an online seller?

Please

Click here for link

That is $10 free shipping. There are hundreds more if you use the part number to search.

Let me know if you have further questions

Thank you