Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The engine check light has come on yesterday what are

Customer Question
The engine check light has...
The engine check light has come on yesterday
what are possible causes?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/4/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Andrew Martin

There are literally hundreds of possible causes. You need to bring it to a shop or a parts store to get the vehicle scanned and find out what codes are in the system. From there it will be easier to narrow down what is going on or even possibly diagnose it immediately.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.

what is the cost to have it scanned?
Hyundai Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Usually it is free at any parts store. If you bring it to a dealer, it will usually be one hour at their normal rate, but that includes diagnosing the issue.