Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just brought a 2003 elantra and its spudders at lights and…

Customer Question
I just brought a...

I just brought a 2003 elantra and its spudders at lights and it actually stalled yesterday and took a few mins to crank back up. How ever to needle for gas is not working and we realize after purchase tried to pump gas and it spilled,so it full. This car is for my daughter, I'm worried. But reading all the same issues people have I'm sad

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

At the light it starts to act as if its going to shut off but then picks up speed after keep pushing gas. It seem like the pressure drops. Or when I sit idle it starts do the same but it actually shut off yesterday but it finally crank after trying twice.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
2003 hyndaui gls
It also smelled like it was burning once I made it home
2/28/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Andrew Martin

Hello, my name is Andrew. Thanks for visiting Just Answer today. I will do my best to assist you with the issue that you are having.

Is the check engine light on or has it been on at all? If so, having the codes would be hugely helpful in assisting you. I have attached a campaign that Hyundai has put out that sounds like the issue you are having. Especially since the fuel gauge is not working, seems that the pump is on its way out.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.

No codes or engine light on
Hyundai Mechanic: Andrew Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

OK, did you review the service campaign that I sent? It sounds like exactly the issue you are having, seen this quite a bit.