Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I flipped my Hyundia accent about three weeks ago and its…

Customer Question
hi I flipped my Hyundia...
hi I flipped my Hyundia accent about three weeks ago and its been sitting at the collision centre since . I haven't tried to start it cause I was told that it would blow the engine due to the fact that the car was upside down for longer then 8 hours ... I need to know if it is fixable and what I need to do so that I can get it back on the road, it is a 2010 2door automatic, the damage was only to the windshield and side paneling but the engine and mechanichal was undamaged
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
2/26/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Jones

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Best thing to do is to remove the spark plugs to insure no oil got into the cylinders, which could cause it to hydro-lock. Check air cleaner to make sure there isn't an excessive amount of oil in it.

NOTE: If the plugs were oil soaked you will need to clear the oil out of the cylinders. While the plugs are out and ignition coils are disconnected crank the engine over a few times to push out any oil that may be in the cylinders.

If any fluid leaked out while the car was upside down you will need to check for the proper levels.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.

If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Hyundai Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi, Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle.

Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Hyundai Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks

Please take the time to leave feedback and rate my service for my response to your problem.

I don't get paid unless you rate my service.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.

Thank You
***** *****

Hyundai Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.

Thank You
***** *****

Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones