Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I HAVE A SONATA AND WHEN EVER i PLACE ANYTHING ON THE

Customer Question
I HAVE A SONATA...

I HAVE A SONATA AND WHEN EVER i PLACE ANYTHING ON THE BACKSEAT PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR MY DOORS LOCK EVEN WHEN MY FOB IS INSIDE THE CAR

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your sonata?

I THINK IT IS 2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Nice car. The Hyundai Mechanic can help you with your '13 sonata. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

IF I PLACE A CHILD IN A CAR SEAT OR A PACKAGE IN THE DRIVERS SIDE IN THE BACK SEAT MY DOORS LOCK. IT HAS HAPPENED TO ME SEVERAL TIME, TWICE WHILE THE FOB IS INSIDE THE CAR

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I DON'T CARE WHO FIXES IT I JUST WANT IT RESOLVED. IT IS A HUGE SECURITY ISSUE. I HAVE LOCKED MY GRANDCHILD INSIDE THE CAR AND YESTERDAY I WAS LOCKED OUT OF MY CAR AND HAD TO CALL ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE TO UNLOCK IT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you ready to speak with the Hyundai Mechanic now?

SURE

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
I ENTERED MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION BUT I DO NOT WANT TO SIGN UP FOR A MEMBERSHIP, I JUST WANT THIS ONE ISSUE RESOLVED.
2/26/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to shorted wired possibly under the rear seat or around the rear seat area and whenever the door is opened or closed or any pressure on the back seat is applied it may be causing the locks to cycle like this here.This would be the only reason I would see that this could occur here.I would have the wiring under the seat and rear carpet checked as well in the door sill area for any shorts or breaks in any wiring.If a fault is found it will need repaired.I would have someone do this that has experience with the wiring to see if the fault can be located for repair here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete