Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm trying to remove the dashboard instrument cluster visor…

Customer Question
I’m trying to remove the...
I’m trying to remove the dashboard instrument cluster visor located over the speedometer and tach. I tried removing the two screws located under the visor, but it still seems to be firmly attached and I didn’t want to force it being afraid that I might damage it. I would appreciate any assistance you could provide.
Thank you, *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
2/25/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
  1. Tilt the steering column down.
  2. Remove the cluster fascia lower panel(A).
  3. Remove the cluster(A) after loosening the screws
  4. Disconnect the cluster connector (A), then remove the cluster.
I know how to remove the instrument cluster. What I’m trying to do is to remove the clam shell cover which is located above the instrument cluster and is attached to the dashboard.
V/R
Brad Boals
eauto
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy