Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a Hyundai 760-7a wheel loader overheating. have rodded…

Customer Question
hi have a Hyundai 760-7a wheel...
hi
have a Hyundai 760-7a wheel loader overheating.
have rodded and cleaned radiator.new thermostat ,water pump,and hydraulic fan motor.has a cummins motor and still overheats under load.
any help would be appreciated.
thank you andrew
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
2/21/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is your serial number? Also could you give me the engine model information from the ID tag? If you have confirmed everything else is good you may be having a head gasket issue starting. Let me know the machine and engine info and I will be glad to help further

Hi dan
The serial number is *****(###) ###-####The engine model is Cummins qsb6.7 tier III 160kw/215 hp
Cummins have already taken head off and replaced head gasket . They shaved head before replacing and say all is ok with motor and carbon test.
Thank you Andrew
Hyundai Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi Andrew, Thanks for the update, Since everything is pretty much new it means likely something is either being overlooked. Check the oil cooler for a restriction as well as the cooling system. Check for a blocked coolant passage possibly from excessive silicone use etc. Try flushing with powder Cascade and water with a final straight water rinse before refilling with coolant.... Run for 20 minutes each time... Let me know

Hyundai Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

also using a digital temp reader take temps in multiple places of the block and cooling system looking for hot spots indicating a restriction or other problem in a specific area.

Hyundai Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

Hyundai Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi, Did you still need help with this?

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson