Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2011 Vera Cruz just stopped on the ghway. I can't put the…

Customer Question
My 2011 Vera Cruz just...
My 2011 Vera Cruz just stopped on the highway. I can't put the gear shift into park and the key won't release.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
2/19/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a loss of battery voltage and can be due to a fault with the battery itself or a fault with the alternator itself.I have seen both act up/fail before in the past needing replaced for this issue here.Low voltage causes these components to act up like this here.I would have the battery and alternator tested to see which is at fault here as well as the battery cables checked for any issues.Most common for what happened is a faulty alternator needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete