Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I have two problems, I removed the dash in my 2004 Elantra

Customer Question
and replaced the heater core...
I have two problems, I removed the dash in my 2004 Elantra and replaced the heater core, after replacing everything I can't shift into park and the airbag warning light is on in the console and it's making a buzzing sound
JA: It's good that it's giving you information about the problem. The Hyundai Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I googled "Reset airbag module"
JA: Is there anything else the Hyundai Mechanic should be aware of about your Hyundai?
Customer: I googled park lockout and I got responses like a fuse blowen, would that be the problem?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Hyundai Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
2/4/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Do you know which air bag codes are stored?

Can you tell where the buzz noise is coming from?

Have you taken the covers off the shifter to see if the brake shift interlock is retracting when the brake pedal has been released to allow shifting back to park?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know nothing about air bag codes, explain, the buzzing is coming from behind the speedometer. I didn't know about the brake interlock, I had the shift knob off and reattached it with the side button functioning.

When you turn the key on, and press the brake pedal, there is a solenoid on the shifter that moves allowing the shifter button to be pressed thus shifting from park. Once out of park the solenoid is disabled. Yours may be stuck preventing getting into park or you may have messed up the linkage inside the shifter knob.

Air bag codes are retrieved with a scan tool. Below a link showing all possible codes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/airbag11.pdf

If you remove the instrument cluster, can you get your hand on the source of the buzzing?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician