Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Front seat is locked in full forward position. Switch will…

Customer Question
Front seat is locked in...
Front seat is locked in full forward position. Switch will work in all modes except front back. Is there an override to be able to move the seat manually and access the switch?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
2/1/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually what fails here is the fore/aft motor for the seat.The motor can suddenly quit like this here causing this fault needing replaced.The only way to be able to move it manually to access the seat bolts is first try tapping on the fore /aft motor when trying to operate the seat and see if it frees up and moves but if this doesnt work then the motor will need removed and the seat moved manually to then remove the seat to replace this motor.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician