peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

O2s dropping out 0.00
, 2005 hyundai santa fe 3.5lawdi

Customer Question

o2s dropping out 0.00
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2005 hyundai santa fe 3.5lawdi got a good deal on this truck owner gave up turned out driver in pcm for coil driver in pcm 6 stuck burns out coil which in turn then shorted out missfire monitor lol replaced pcm / ecu rep. coil and misfire monitor . runs awsome !getting ready to take it for emmision test and code for all oxygen sensors low voltage i am not a parts replcer but i did it bought both up and down put them in sure enough it came back now i start paying attention and what i have seen is even though vehicle up to operating temp. i see it go from closed loop to open back to closed and back to open and when it goes to open my o2s go 0.00 and fuel trims 0.00long and short then when closed long 4.9 short -2 -+3 switching back and forth and o2s .2 - .48/.55 but then open temp pid at 185 0.00 all o2s and trims can you help a fellow tech out ? i also started locating and cleanig every ground i can find even added engine to body and body to batti was getting a wierd tick on one coil removed all clead grounds on mounting bolts noise went
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Hyundai Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to check and see if there is any shorted or damaged wiring leading from the PCM to the oxygen sensors needing replaced.If there is any corroded or damaged or shorted wiring this will cause this fault here and will need corrected to resolve this issue and sounds like this may be the cause here.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete