Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe. Right Turn signal light is stuck on..

Customer Question
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe....
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe. Right Turn signal light is stuck on.. not flashing but solid light. Left turn signal works fine. Hazards will not blink. Light remains on even after car has been turned off.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
1/27/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Good morning, you should be able to pull the 15 amp hazard fuse in the instrument panel fuse box and make them go out. IF this does not work just reply back.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It did not work. I pulled the Hazard 15 amp and right signal arrow inside and lights outside stayed on. I then tried to pulled
the T/SIG 10 Amp and everything stayed on .

Thanks, ***** ***** there's most likely a short in the multifunction switch. This happens often on this model. It may go out if you pull the head lamp fuses. If it does not you'll need to disconnect the negative battery terminal until you can go get it repaired.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If i pull the headlamp fuse will I still have headlights?

You would not have headlights. What happens in these switches is they short internally and pick up power from the headlamp circuit which is hot even with key off.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is risk in disconnectin the negative on the battery? Can any repair shop fix this or do I have to go to dealer?

When you disconnect the battery you will reset the radio, so if there is a lock code you will need to have it. The lock code is usually in the owners manual. Hyundai can also give it to you if you supply proof of ownership.

Any reputable shop can repair this. I would suggest going to an auto electric repair shop as they will be more familiar with this type of repair, more so than even the dealership.

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician