Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 hyndia elantra automatic doesnt go into gear allthe…

Customer Question
2005 hyndia elantra automatic...

2005 hyndia elantra automatic doesnt go into gear allthe time thinking its the inhibitor switch ,cable or some other linkage problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Car was fine till alt belt wentand it overheated got that all fixed newrad and thermostat fluid in trans smells n looks good so i dont think its slipping trans control module code was tripped on computer

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
1/26/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, do you happn to have the code it set?

no but there were two for the trans the one was the controlmodule for the trans the kid that checked it didnt write itdown. I am goin to have to run it again . could plugged cooing lines do this i put barr leak in it before i changed the rad and thats when i started having problems

Thanks, ***** ***** can get the codes that would help. If a line were blocked the fluid would overheat and smell burnt. So you may be ok there. The codes will help give us the direction to go in.

ok ill see if i can get it back over to his shop thank you

Sounds good, look forward to hearing from you then.