Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2010 hyundia sonata 2.4 l has coolant temp -54 and iat -54…

Customer Question
2010 hyundia sonata 2.4 l...
2010 hyundia sonata 2.4 l has coolant temp -54 and iat -54 no codes and runs rich what is issue with cts
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
1/26/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** is actual temp outside? Have you replaced the cts yet? Thanks.

out side temp 68 deg. I have no codes but the cts is -54 and iat is -54 and starts good cold or hot , temp gage works good and not on cold. the cts and iat are friving me crazy . they will not move
my name is ***** ***** tho cts and iat are -54 there is no big drivability issues, starts good , just runs rich and uses excessive fuel. I tested iat ohms was 2.56k and 5 volt ref good and both cts and iat , ground good , but still see -54

Are you checking the temp readings with scantool or dash? Does cts ever change as vehicle warms up?

I am checking at scan tool , snap on verdict and a modius, both show -54 but yet no codes
no cts never changes as warms up but gage on dash goes up to half after run for a wahile

Neither of them share the same circuit so it sounds like problem is either your ECM or the sensor. I'd start by replacing the cts to see if that helps. If not, next step will be to check wiring between ECT and ECM, if good replace the ECM. Here is a wiring diagram to help with testing. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zdsbj00bca34bn/ects.pdf?dl=0

-