Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Thank you sir. My 2005 2.4 litre manual transmission locks…

Customer Question
Thank you sir. My...

Thank you sir. My 2005 2.4 litre manual transmission locks the differential especiall when taking a corner, causing difficulty in turning

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The car moves well when I remove the propelar shaft

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
1/26/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.This needs done with a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.

This may be a fault with a wheel speed sensor sending an incorrect wheel speed signal as this can cause the awd to engage.I would have the speed sensors checked to see if one is found at fault needing replaced.These are usually checked using a scan tool that can monitor the speed sensor signals to see if one or more are reading incorrectly compared to the rest as that is usually the speed sensor needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Thank you sir, let me check and revert

Your welcome.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician