Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I want to remove the roof rack crossbars on a 2007 Tucson.

Customer Question
The service department at my...
I want to remove the roof rack crossbars on a 2007 Tucson. The service department at my dealer wasn't able to help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
1/22/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Tech replied 2 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech

Have you removed the rack side bars? I am a little confused when you ask about crossbars and what you have done and tried

No I have not removed the track bars that run from front to back on roof. I want to remove bars tat go from left to right across the side rails, they do not move. I've found a video that refers a key lock, that removes a cap, exposing a red knob, but my factory installed rack does not have that feature.

to be honest? I have info on how to remove the side bars but not crossbars, If you think side bars must come off first looking at yours, I can send info, if not? then AI have to opt out and open the post, I just cant remember all roof racks unless you want to take a pic and put on this post for me to view, It may help

No I do not want to remove side bars. I only wanted to remove cross bars to make snow removal easier.

I will opt out,. Yours may require side bar on one side to be removed first, Without a pic I cant help, I will open the post

The diagram that you referred to to remove side bars, shows the placement of cross bars that I want off.
George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician