Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I got a 2.7 leter hyundia tiburon gt. One day I parked it…

Customer Question
Hey there I got a...
Hey there I got a 2.7 leter hyundia tiburon gt. One day I parked it and about 6 months later I tried to fire it up and all it did was turn ove . I topk it to a mechanic shop and they told me there was no power to the ignition coils. So I changed them and the spark plugs and all the dpark plug wires. And new battery. Then I was reading about similar problems people had and they said the crank position srnsor. So I took that out and the wires were all bare rapped around each other. So I replaced that and still nothing. All the fuzes are good. And it won't let a code reader in. Its so confuzing. Is there anything I'm missing
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/22/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

I’m a retired master technician and tech instructor with over 30 years experience. However, if you’re thinking on working on the vehicle yourself, all my knowledge and resources won’t help if you…

… don’t have tools or the skills to use them

… don’t know there will probably be some special tools and equipment needed for a proper diagnosis

… don’t realize it may take a few back and forth replies to solve the issue

… don’t understand that I will need you to provide specific information

Does the check engine light come on at all when you turn the ignition switch on?

Im actualy a deisel mechanic. I should have almost everything. Or get anything I need to do the job. As soon as I changed the can position sensorr the light came on. But are code reader won't read my car at all.

OK. Just to be sure, in your original posting you said you had replaced the crank sensor but on the last posting you said you replaced the cam sensor and that made the check engine light come on. Can you clarify which sensor was replaced?

Also, the engine in your Tiburon needs compression, fuel and spark to run. Have you tried spraying starting fluid down the throttle and see if it starts momentarily? If it doesn't, then I'm going to need you to get a fuel pressure tester, a Noid light to check injector pulse and an ignition tester to check spark.

Please let me know what you find and we'll take it from there.

Best Regards.

Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer