eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified, imac, macs, bridhestone certified
6149662

I have a 2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited and the latch on the

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited and the latch on the floor to release the door to get fuel won't open. The latch seems to be loose/detached. I tried the trunk release latch and it works fine. I am wondering what my opinions are to get it open?
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

there s a emergency fuel door release in the cargo area

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the inside of the trunk near the back bumper?
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

yes I believe so....do you see it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's not there.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

is the door frozen? can double check your owners manual? I know the sonatas have the release not 100 percent sure n the elantra ...all tho most cars are equipped with a secondary release

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Door is frozen. Looked in owner manuel and didn't see anything about a secondary lease. Trying to go get gas because I am low on fuel and this why am trying to figure this out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Isn't frozen***
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

if you lift up on the fuel release can you feel the cable on the back side of the lever? can you pull on the cable itself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what you're getting at with these two questions.
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

I will open the question back up for other experts