Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited and the latch on the…

Customer Question
I have a 2011 Hyundai...
I have a 2011 Hyundai Elantra Limited and the latch on the floor to release the door to get fuel won't open. The latch seems to be loose/detached. I tried the trunk release latch and it works fine. I am wondering what my opinions are to get it open?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
In the inside of the trunk near the back bumper?
Hyundai Mechanic: eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago

yes I believe so....do you see it

No it's not there.

is the door frozen? can double check your owners manual? I know the sonatas have the release not 100 percent sure n the elantra ...all tho most cars are equipped with a secondary release

Door is frozen. Looked in owner manuel and didn't see anything about a secondary lease. Trying to go get gas because I am low on fuel and this why am trying to figure this out.
Isn't frozen***

if you lift up on the fuel release can you feel the cable on the back side of the lever? can you pull on the cable itself?

I am not sure what you're getting at with these two questions.

I will open the question back up for other experts