Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Santa Fe 2004 brakes acts funny as if the paddle was

Customer Question
coming off during driving. When...
My Santa Fe 2004 brakes acts funny as if the paddle was coming off during driving. When I step on the brake it behaves as if the paddle is braking away and there is some crunching sound underneath the car. What is happening?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
1/17/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: I. Silva, Hyundai Technician replied 2 years ago
I. Silva
I. Silva, Hyundai Technician

Hello...welcome and thank you for using Justanswer.

It sounds like there is something wrong with your front brake calipers, if the noise is like a scratching/squeal , I would start to check for stiff calipers or the sliding pins or also the pads are too tight on the caliper bracket (rust)

If the pedal is low and raises after you pump the brake ,I would start checking the brakes and the calipers.

Good luck

Let me know.

Thank you very much.

Thanks, ***** ***** you know.

Sounds good.

Thank you.

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician