Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Nanette, just noticed oil on the ground under my 2012

Customer Question
Nanette, just noticed oil...

Nanette, just noticed oil on the ground under my 2012 hydunai Sonata

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It seems to be closer to the passenger side. Didn't see any oil splattered on the engine. I do see oil on the under panel

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes that's fine

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
1/16/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

is it a lot? was it recently serviced?

I had the oil changed couple weeks ago. The car had been sitting for about day and half and there was a noticeable amount on the ground

Have you checked the oil level?

I did and it showed just over the full line

and your positive its from your car??

I went to town earlier today and when I got back home I parked in a different spot that's when I noticed the oil in the other spot. I waited alittle while and went back out looked under the car and could see where oil had dropped on the ground. That's when I checked the oil and looked until the hood good to see if oil was under the hood.

I would take it back to where you had the oil change done and have them double check the drain plug and oil filter.. Its likely from one of the two...If it was just serviced and they did not advise you of any leaks its likely their error..

I then looked under the car and could see evident of oil beneath the plastic under carriage
Would it have just started?

it could be residual from a spill. It could be you just noticed? The plastic shield should be removed and the car should be checked to see what the source is

I will see about getting a hold of them then

best of luck any other issues respond here

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

eauto
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy