Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

WHT KIND OF SCAN TOOL CAN I BY TO DO THE BRAKE JOB ON MY

Customer Question
Customer: WHT KIND OF SCAN...
Customer: WHT KIND OF SCAN TOOL CAN I BY TO DO THE BRAKE JOB ON MY SANTA FE.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I WASD READING YOUR RESPONE ON A BRAKE JOB ON BLEEDING, I REPLACE A CALIPER AN CANNOT GET THE BRAKES BACK UP
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
1/15/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. What are the details of your santa fe? year and engine?

2006 3.5
I HAVE A OBD 2 CAN SCAN TOOL WITH ABS, WILL IT WORK

No. You would need a bi directional scan tool to perform an automated bleed, but for a caliper replacement you shouldn't need to do an automated bleed. Is your bleeder screw on the new caliper on the top of the caliper or on the bottom?

ITS ON THE TOP

ok, good. You have thoroughly bled the line and were careful not to allow the master cylinder to run dry?

I HAVE

Ok. was the pedal fine before you replaced the caliper?

BUT THE YOUNG LADY PUT TRANSMISSION FLUID IN THE SYSTEM

Ok. You have a bit of work ahead of you then. To answer your question about the scan tool, you will need a bi directional scan tool to perform an automated bleed. Here is the procedure for that.

AUTOMATED BLEED

Did this work for you, or do you still need help?

AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician