sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport key Fob just stopped locking

Customer Question

My 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport key Fob just stopped locking and unlocking my car. I replaced the battery, 2032, but still fails. Any ideas?
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want a monthly charge!! I agreed to $20.00 to answer my question and now you do not allow that! Very fraudulent!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The problem could be with the keyless entry receiver on the car but that wouldn't be likely. Try the second fob, if it works but one doesn't then the issue has to be the fob itself.

You can have the fob tested for free at most big chain parts stores such as Autozone to see if it is transmitting. If the fob isn't transmitting and the battery is new then the fob will need to be replaced.

Being a 2015 I'm assuming your mileage is low enough that you're still under basic warranty, in which case diagnosing and repairing the issue will be covered at your dealer.