George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Thanks, my name is ***** *****. I have a 2005 Santa Fe and

Customer Question

Customer: Thanks, ***** ***** is ***** *****. I have a 2005 Santa Fe and the emergency brake light is constantly on. Brake fluid is full and the parking brake is disengaged.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The light began flashing a few weeks ago. It would go off on a level surface but would come back on after I went up a hill. The same thing happened with bumps too. I checked the fluid and it was at the proper level. I also changed rotors and pads.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am at work, would I be able to come back another time?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Are you able to unplug the sensor on the brake reservoir and then the one on the bra ke pedal one at a time?

See if either one turns out the red brake warning light.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll give it a try,thanks
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, let me know what you find. It might be that they do not turn out the light then we need to check connections but if one or the other puts the light out then you know where the problem is

Thanks