Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

The alarm on my 2011 Santa Fe started going off and the fob

Customer Question
will not shut it off...
The alarm on my 2011 Santa Fe started going off and the fob will not shut it off. Can't get in to the car or turn it on. Blue flashing light on windshield is on, which has never happened before. How can I disarm the alarm, get in to and turn on the car?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
1/8/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If your door has a key blade cylinder and you have a metal key blade try inserting the key blade and unlocking the vehicle then insert the key into the ignition to see if this turns off the alarm then.If this does not work or if the key does not turn in the cylinder let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I obviously tried all of that. I talked to my local Hyundai dealer and they said it's likely a short in the alarm system. It is being towed there today by Hyundai for free since it is under warranty. Thanks anyway

Your welcome.It is possible wiring is shorted or one of the alarm system components is shorted causing this here.They will have to check into this further to locate and repair the fault here.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician