Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I just had my warranty recall fixed, then driving home my

Customer Question
Customer: I just had my...
Customer: I just had my warranty recall fixed , then driving home my malfunction indicator light came on. Previous to the warranty fix, there was no issue!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I has
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I had a campaign 936 recall fix and had a new alternator and valve cover gasket replaced
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Hyundai
1/7/2016
Hyundai Mechanic: eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 year ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

the check engine light?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The engine light is off, not an issue.

what malfunction light is on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the malfunction indicator light is onIs an exhaust gas related component.The just changed my alternator and
Gasket valve.

have you contacted the dealer? have you had it scanned for trouble codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will contact dealer tomorrow am.
What will happen when I take it
Back to the dealer?

it depends...is it still under warranty? generally they will look at it to confirm if they caused the malfunction or not.. If they did not they generally will ask you to pay a small diagnostic fee and will give you a written estimate.. Likley if it just happened today they may have done something incorrect and will cover it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you! Will hope for the best!

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

eauto
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy