George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

Wow I am ***** ***** and I have a 2006 Hyundia Accent, and

Customer Question

Customer: wow hi there I am ***** ***** and I have a 2006 Hyundia Accent, and in the summer my airbag light came on on the dashboard, and has not went off. I have been looking online to see if there were any recalls on this problem or what to do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am concerned about the safety of the vehicle if the airbags are disengaged right now because this light is on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am, but what does it mean if satified that makes no sense.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. there are no TSBs or Recalls on your vehicle for this issue. Most of the time when the air bag light comes on, its because there is a defective impact sensor somewhere in the vehicle. The only thing you can do right now is have the computer scanned for codes. There will be a code indicating which sensor is causing this. You will have to use a scan tool capable of reading air bag codes. Auto zone may be able to do this for you. If you can provide me with a code I can tell you which sensor is the problem and how to go about replacing it.