George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I'm ***** ***** im having trouble with my Tiburon. it's a 6

Customer Question

Customer: I'm ***** ***** im having trouble with my Tiburon. it's a 6 speed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when I try to start the car I hae to pump the clutch a good amount of times to get it to start. my bf thought by replacing the slave cylinder that it wouldn't give me problem any more but after replacing the slave cylinder I still have trouble getting it to start I just keep pumping the clutch and turn the key to the ignition until I get it to start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Hyundai Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Does it crank the engine when it fails to start or is that why you are pumping the clutch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im pumping the clutch to crank it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when it fails to crank nothing happens not even a click to signify that it might just be the battery cause its not I just change the battery and figured out the electrical problem
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, there is an interlock switch on the clutch pedal that will not allow starter operation untill the pedal is on the floor. If you have floor mats remove them so the pedal goes all the way down.

The stich can be adjusted, it is on the shaft of the pedal.

Let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its on the back of the pedal or something?
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

No it is up high on the pedal bracket and the pedal has to move far enough down to close the switch. Shown as ignition lock switch in the photo here

Let me know what I can do to help

Thank you