Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Just picked up 2003 Hyundai Accent from repair shop,

Customer Question
replaced clutch kit, master cylinder...
Just picked up 2003 Hyundai Accent from repair shop, replaced clutch kit, master cylinder and slave cylinder. Had great working brakes prior to clutch job and now brake peddle goes to floor with minimal braking power when engine on. When engine off brake peddle is hard. Is repair shop responsible for this brake problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
12/18/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

did you say something to the repair shop?

not yet just picked up car and drove home but realized brake problem immediately
I asked before I left shop if they drove car to make sure all ok and they said yes they had. How could they possibly miss no braking?

that should have been mentioned...I would turn right around..i would say they need to double check whats going on..

Shop is closed for the night. I'm trying to figure out if there is a connection between the replacement job and possibly air in brake lines.

unlikely I don't see the connection but you never know depending on how the tech took it apart...ya never kno because h sent the car out with no brakes..so anything is possible

sounds like a master cylinder failure

Is the master cylinder that is replaced for the clutch the same master cylinder for the braking system?

no sir separate hydraulics 2 different systems

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

I'm so frustrated. They had the car for weeks and when I finally pick it up the braking is horrible. I don't want to pay them any more money.

im surprised you didn't turn right around...

Don't know cars so thought it might be because the car had been sitting for weeks or something. I just drove it home and parked it. Trying to figure out what to say to them when I call them in the morning.

I would ask why it was not test drove and why it had brakes on arrival and none on pick up...if the tech drove it why did they not advise you..

Thank you for your answers and insight.

any luck?

eauto
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy