Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I currently have an issue with lights on my dashboard. My

Customer Question
Good evening. I currently...
Good evening. I currently have an issue with lights on my dashboard. My abs, esc, eps, tpms, and reading code for P2159. As of right now I do not have a second vehicle to leave car at dealer for diagnostic evaluation. I'm curious what I can look at in reference to my Code for abs system issues.. Thanks so much an advance Daniel
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
12/5/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: Mike V., Hyundai Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician

Hi Daniel,

Does the speedometer work?

No
Neither does my odometer

OK

This is a tough one because there isn't a lot you can do, especially without knowing the codes.

One thing that you can do is check the wheel speed sensors for any sign of damage, either to the wiring or the sensor itself.

You really are in a tough spot because the issue is the two computers communicating and also a problem with the wheel speed sensors presumably not reading properly. This isn't a lot you can do, but at least something that you might see a problem with visually.

There continuity between those two points..

Ok, so this means to me either you have a faulty abs module or a speed sensor that isn't putting out signal causing the problem.

Checking for bulletins on this code I don't see anything that will point to a specific problem. I am not sure what more you can do from here. I do't have any info on testing the sensors and it's likely they require an actual tool for testing because they are active sensors.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician