peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Hyundai Santa Fe Limited: My Hyundai santa fe 2009 has the

Customer Question

My Hyundai santa fe 2009 has the hazard and turn signals not working. I replaced the fuses in the fuse box under the dashboard but they keep burning out when I turn the signal from left to right.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, does the fuse also blow if you just turn on the hazard lights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Hazard lights never worked after I replaced both fuses

Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** us a direction to go in. Do you have a test light or voltmeter handy so we can test a few things?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, I don't.
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
I'll open this back up to other experts, Someone may have seen this before and have a quick solution without testing. Someone should be with you shortly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like to revise my previous answer to your question:

I replaced both fuses again, and put the hazard on, which caused the Hazard fuse to burn out, but the left signal worked.

When I turned the right signal on, the signal fuse burnt out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is the right turn signal that has an electric short, which also applies to the hazard light. Does anyone have a clue?

Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. This sounds like the right side lights on your vehicle or wiring running to the lights is where the short it.The short is in the wiring itself leading from the fuse to the right side lights or one of the right side light sockets is shorted or corroded needing replaced.This will need to be checked into further to locate which is the cause here and then repaired from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While your kind reply has not shed light on the real culprit in this problem I only feel that I was right to proceed with taking my car to the dealer shop. Thank you Pete. Unfortunately
Your welcome.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know. Thanks Pete