sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

A Trulane device,, Similar to the progressive snapshot

Customer Question

A Trulane device,, Similar to the progressive snapshot device Killed both my battery and alternator. After replacing both the check engine light came on With a code stating that I Had a bad O2 sensor And mass airflow sensor. However Once I used fuel injector cleaner The check engine light went off. Then when my gas got down to One quarters tank The check engine light came back on. I replaced The gas cap And added more Fuel injector cleaner And the light check engine light went off again.Then when the gas got down to Three quarters tank The check engine light came on again. It has stayed on ever sense And I've driven the car about 300 miles. The check engine light has remained on. If both the O2 sensor and mass airflow sensor were bad Would the check engine light keep coming on and off? My car is a 2004 in Elantra Had no problems before the Trulaine device was put in.Also it seems like Whenever I turn the brights on The check engine light has come on.Can a short in the lights Also cause the check engine light come on Saying I I need to replace my sensors.
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The engine light comes on nd goes off because the problem is intermittent. It's not likely that the problem is actually related to the headlamps.

Do you know what P codes are currently setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had the car checked out at AutoZone & a reading came back as P2196. It stated that heated oxygen sensor Bank1 & sensor 1 (H02S11) circuit high voltage during decel fuel cut off. Said could b a short to voltage on H02s11( bank 1 sensor 1) signal circuit or rich fuel condition- leaking fuel injector, or maybe a failed H02S11 ( Bank 1 Sensor 1)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do I do to determine which is the actual problem. I drove here from Indiana and will b driving back tomorrow. Is it ok to drive back like this?

Does it seem to run ok?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car seems to run fine.