Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics
18617752

I live out of USA.Have accent 2009.Dealer recently open and

Customer Question

I live out of USA.Have accent 2009.Dealer recently open and do not accept cars older tan 2013.Red air bag is on,and a mechanic with his analizar said that it is the passenger side sensor,you can not find parts here.I need to find the right name of the part to solve the problem and as a senior get the peace of mind that air bag will work.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you happen to have the actual "code" that was retrieved from the scan? Or have any more information on "which" passenger's side sensor? Impact Sensor? Occupant Sensor? Seat Position Sensor?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only information I have is FRONT PASSENGER SIDE Sensor
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. There are a couple of sensors that would fall under "Front Passenger's side sensor". The more common sensor here would be the Passenger's Seat Occupancy Sensor aka Passenger Discriminating Sensor. This sensor is built into and part of the passenger's seat cushion. To replace the sensor, the entire seat cushion will need to be replaced. If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating using the stars at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited. If you cannot rate or do not see the rating stars, please let me know. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

..