peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

What could have caused the bcm-de connection just under the

Customer Question

What could have caused the bcm-de connection just under the fuse pannel to over heat and melt and is now causing a lighting on a 2006 Hyundai tiduron gt
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It is usually a component that this connections wired lead to that is drawing to many amps or is shorting out causing the connection to melt.If you can look at the connection and see which wire or wires look to have become the hottest then we can trace this circuit to see what it feeds as most likely that component needs replaced as well as the connection and the BCM to correct this here.This needs to be done before replacing the connection and BCM this way the new connection and BCM are not damaged the same way needing replaced again.If you can tell me which wire or wires appear to have been the hottest/cause this will help.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete