peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Pete, I have a 2010 Veracruz GLS. About a month ago, the

Customer Question

Good evening Pete,
I have a 2010 Veracruz GLS. About a month ago, the locks starting giving me sporadic issues. The drivers side rear door usually locks/unlocks but on occasion it does not respond to the key fob. When it doesn't respond, the car knows and therefore doesn't beep (signaling all doors locked). In addition, the trunk acts up along with the passenger door. Strangly the drivers interior door handle appears to have a mechanical issue in conjunction with the electric locks. Where the handle engages the door panel seems to slip out and must be forced back in to make it functional. Not sure if the mechanical issue is related but seems to occur at the same times as the electrical issues. Any ideas what to start taking apart first to check?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be a fault with the lock actuator/lock assembly itself for the drivers rear door and the trunk.I have seen the lock actuators fail before causing this issue here.On some models the lock actuators are part of the lock/latch assemblies.When you say the door handle or panel slips is this the interior door paneling that is slipping causing this fault here on the drivers door?Let me know so we can continue with this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll change out the lock actuator and let you know.I'll look closer at the door panel when I disassemble it to replace the actuator and see if I can be more specific regarding the drivers handle.Thank you

Your welcome.Let me know how this turns out here and if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete