ASETech32605
ASETech32605, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner, Chief Mechanic- Repair Shop
71884037

Deactivate security system 2003 sonata?

Customer Question

deactivate security system 2003 sonata?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  ASETech32605 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** an ASE Certified mechanic with over 15 years experience.

It sounds to me like your problem is in the steering wheel lock, and not the security system. Sometimes when the key is removed, and the wheel is turned the ignition will lock and the key won turn.

Try turning the steering wheel left and right while simultaneously trying to twist the key back and forth.

If this doesn't work, let me know, and I can provide instruction on replacing the cylinder.

Im glad to be of assistance. If you require anything in the future, be sure to think of JustAnswer, and we will help you promptly.

Be sure to rate my answer(s) so I can get paid for my time. I do not get paid unless I get a positive rating.

Thanks and have a better day!

Is there anything else I can help you with? This question will close in 24 hours, unless you need more help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------