Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

After my engine gets to operating temperature, within a

Customer Question
couple of minutes it starts...
after my engine gets to operating temperature, within a couple of minutes it starts missing then shuts down. it sets a code 343 camshaft sensor which is not listed in the book, and at the same time italso sets the code for the crankshaft sensor. i have changed out the camshaft , and the crankshaft sensors and i just replaced the power control module. it is still doing the same thing. after about 30 minutes it will start up and run normal for abou 5 minutes
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
11/14/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Once it stalls and you must wait 30 minutes. At the time it will not start can you see what is missing, fuel pressure, injector pulse, or ignition spark?

Have you checked the CMP wire harness and tone ring?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

are you trying to tell me for $28.00 that it is fuel related atter i just explained it is electrical. did you not read the whole question

I did not say it is fuel related. I asked what you had checked and or can check!

This is the question I see "after my engine gets to operating temperature, within a couple of minutes it starts missing then shuts down. it sets a code 343 camshaft sensor which is not listed in the book, and at the same time italso sets the code for the crankshaft sensor. i have changed out the camshaft , and the crankshaft sensors and i just replaced the power control module. it is still doing the same thing. after about 30 minutes it will start up and run normal for abou 5 minutes"

Where did you say its electrical?

l checked the fuel and seems to be woking fine. the computer is getting faulty info and changing the timing or so it seems. trying to figure out whats causing it

Thanks for checking the fuel pressure and injector pulse when the car will not start verifying those 2 things are good. So that leaves the engine stalling, not able to start and when it does start not able to keep running from a timing issue or there is no spark present. Next time it stalls can you crank the engine trying to restart it and see if there is adequate spark under the same scenario you did for checking the fuel pressure and injector pulse.

i can check that in the morning thank you

Great

ok i have checked the fuel system and is working properly. i did find out that i have no spark

Thanks, ***** ***** coils, verify the black wire is ground.

Verify the tan/black is power with the key on.

Use your scan tool and verify there is an accurate crank sensor signal.

Can you check those?

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician