Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Changed idle air control and o2 sensors. engine idles at

Customer Question
changed idle air control and...
changed idle air control and o2 sensors.
engine idles at 1800 rpm and 1000 in gear. can set idle down
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
11/8/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: internal88, Hyundai Mechanic replied 2 years ago
internal88
internal88, Hyundai Mechanic

Hello, I'm Brandon - Hyundai tech.

Is the check engine light ON?

no I have a code P0507 and p0421. changed idle air control, can it be bad?

But the P0421 is not fixed yet.

P0507 - is correct to replace the IAC.

P0421 - 95% is the Catalytic Converter You will need to replace it to shut this light.

5% is the exhaust manifold gasket.

It is recommend it to replace it a factory Hyundai part.

I have experienced with this code in the Hyundai shop.

you can check the iac by Ground the Orange/Black wire at the idle air control valve and see if the idle comes down. Check the resistance if the idle air control valve closing coil between terminals 2 and 1, to be 17 to 18.2 ohms, and the opening coil to be 15 to 16 ohms from terminal 2 to terminal 3.

Please rate me positive for the prompt service, thank you!

internal88
internal88
internal88, Hyundai Mechanic