George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

I have a Hyundai Santa Fe and the windscreen wipers activate

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Hyundai Santa Fe and the windscreen wipers activate once every time the engine is started. The result being very squeaky blades wiping a dry screen every time the engine start button is pressed.
Is this normal and if not, how can I stop this from happening?
Thank you
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd be happy to help! First, what year is your Santa fe?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2011
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Is it equipped with automatic wipers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To to honest with you Roger I thought you were the 'expert'. But thanks for your time, I have found the solution to the problem myself.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

To be honest I can only help as much as the information you give me, undoubtedly you didn't need an ASE Certified technician, you needed your own common sense if you figured it out on your own. My job is to cover all the bases if you haven't told me anything/everything about your car that's related to your issue and everything you've done before seeking help. I can't read minds nor can I magically discern what your problem is, I have to ask questions and have every bit of information possible. If you expect different then you wasted both my and your time. Have a good day.