Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

Please help.. 2002 santa fe. 2.7L new alt, plugs,and coil

Customer Question

please help..
2002 santa fe. 2.7L new alt, plugs,and coil pack. hesitates like a "bump" randomly.Today after alt replace, seems to have gone away. Replaced because it actually was low voltage when loaded down with lights/interior fan/ flashers/etc..11.1v... now fully 14 when running loaded down as before.suspected electrical problem. now not so sure.. next step was going to be unplug ac, fan at radiator and check voltage. seems now that it bumps when the ac is on..??
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is not a new problem. it has been occurring for the past few years. was occasional. has grown more frequent. We have had the entire evap system changed out at a local dealer.(couldn't fill at gas pump.) when we got the car back, the ac would not work at all...bought refill stuff at auto parts store,,recharged and has been fine for 2 years now.dstardly people...was making squeakng sound coming from what seemed to be the tensioner. when a load was put on the engine either by slight turn of the wheel, or lights/flashers/what ever tensioner would squeak..new tensioner made bad thumping noise. put old back on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
had thought that new tensioner was putting more tension on the alt causing bearing within to thump, so now squeaking has stopped, just have occasional bumping.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its been over 1 hour already..will check e-mail in am..
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If it seems to go along with the tensioner or became wore with installing a new one , try removing the drive belt and see if the bump clears. Do Not run the engine long enough to over heat it but just long enough to see if there is any change in this bump as you put it. Post back with the results and we can work from there.