Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

I have a 2009 Sonata with over 168,000 miles on it. Started

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Sonata with over 168,000 miles on it. Started making a weird kinda rumbling noise a few weeks ago but local mechanic couldn't really hear it...said come back when it's louder. Well it's louder now! It's kind of a rumbling sound, more frequently in the morning or when the engine has set a while. It sounds like its coming from underneath the car and happens especially as I put it in gear and first start driving. Almost sounds like something is going to fall off the bottom of the car.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately not being there to hear this noise your describing can make it pretty difficult to pinpoint and diagnose. If you can make a recording of this noise and post it on You Tube and send me a link so I can hear it , I will try and help you determine the cause.